After three and a half days of labor, baby Ohli popped into the world. I can't say it was easy. What I can say is that nothing could have prepared me for his birth. I thought I would do deep yogic breathing. I thought the words "labor" and "pain" were not synonymous. I thought that I could write down my birth plan, in a complete MLA format, and the room would be silent and peaceful. Ha. Days of back labor are not for everyone. I managed to get through it without the assistance of an epidural. I did however have the steady love of my husband and the constant support of Norla and Jill. Jill who rubbed my lower back for THREE hours straight and Norla who stayed by my side and told me I was ready when beads of sweat formed on my upper lip. Norla took cat naps in between Ohli's birth and two others. She, as M put it, is the baby Jedi. She never doubted my ability to deliver my child. And she never compromised my safety or his. Our family is forever grateful and we love her. She is a blessed part of our history.
So, Ohlson Harvest Leonardo is here. He was 8 pounds 11.5 ounces and 21.5 inches at birth. He's five weeks and one day old today. He's sleeping soundly through the night, smiling at us when he wakes up in the morning and peeing in the sinks, toilet, his ceramic bowl and occasionally his diaper. He's a great and humorous eater. He has a full head of strawberry blond hair that curls up after a bath. He's got two grandmas, four great grandparents, one uncle, two aunts, a cousin, great uncles and aunts and a clan of nannas, aunties and adoring fans from coast to coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment